Mothers day is around the corner ! It’s time to share a sweet idea for this special occasion… Today I present you my vanilla cupcakes recipe. When I first made them it was for Johan’s birthday party, which theme was black & gold. I baked them many times since. I even made a batch for my little cousin, with Mr. Men cupcakes cases, two-colored frosting and little sugar stars… Some little cake toppers could also be adorable.
What you will need :
– 6.2 oz flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 eggs
– 6 oz sugar
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3.5 oz oil
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together
– Beat the eggs while adding the sugar (30 sec) continue beating while adding the vanilla extract and oil (1 min)
– Add half the buttermilk plus half the flour mix and mix together
– Add the other half of buttermilk and flour.
– Poor into oven baking cupcakes cases
– Cook in the oven at 350°C degrees during 12 minutes
For the frosting :
Mix together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or grated vanilla) till you got the right consistence decorate the cupcakes with a pastry bag. I added Maltesers painted with edible gold powder, to match my black & gold party theme.
Have a pretty weekend !