Hello & welcome on A Pretty Idea for our first salty recipe !
Summer is coming and market stalls are filling up with sunny vegetables and fruits. I’m looking forward to eating those sweet melons and tasty peaches again. But what I missed the most are tomatoes ! I know we can find them in supermarkets all year long, but there is no comparison with the juicy summer tomatoes !
Finally I couldn’t resist and I bought my first cherry tomatoes of the year on the sunday market. I immediately baked half a dozen of mini tarte tatin…
I present you this fresh tomato recipe with a pinch of honey and basil, my little cherry tomatoes tarte tatin !
This is a recipe to keep for the upcoming barbecue season and summer dinner parties …
For the dough :
– 7 oz flour
– 1.75 oz butter
– 1.75 oz olive oil
– 2.8 oz water
– grated cheese
For the filling
– cherry tomatoes
– black olives
– fresh basil leaves
– In a bowl, combine together the flour, grated cheese and oregano
– Add the butter and oil and stir till combined
– Add the water and form a ball
– Leave the dough aside for half an hour to rest
– Pour a trickle of olive oil in a pan with a pinch of oregano and some basil leaves
– Add the cherry tomatoes and cook over a low fire so that the tomatoes do not burst
– Stir for a minute
– Add a tsp of honey and coat the tomatoes with the perfumed oil
– Turn off the fire and let the tomatoes become filled with the perfume of honey, oregano and basil… Add some salt and pepper
– Roll the dough on a work surface sprinkled with floor
– Cut out dough circles (with a large glass, it’s very easy). The circles must be slightly larger than the tartlets pans.
– Put the tomatoes in the pans and add the cooking juices. Lay the dough over the top.
– Tuck the dough down inside the edge of the pie.
– Bake in the oven at 350°F for 20 min.
You can savor it hot or cold, with a side of lettuce !
I hope you’ll enjoy this simple summer recipe, Bon appétit !!